Amazon Fulfillment – Tracy
Barnum and Celillo Electric has recently completed the Amazon Fulfillment Center in Tracy, CA. Covering over 1.8 million square feet this fully Automated E-Commerce Warehouse has the ability to store over 9 million unique items capable of being shipped anywhere in the world. This facility will employ nearly 1000 people throughout the year with many more added seasonally.
The challenge to this project was not simply the sheer size, but rather the aggressive schedule that had to be met. We were fortunate to be part of a dynamic team including Big D Pacific Builders, Prologis and many other amazing contractors. This elite team delivered the facility to the tenant in as few as 26 weeks!
More fun facts:
• From concrete slab to tenant occupancy in 26 weeks
• The teamwork and stellar performance of the contractors involved allowed Amazon to open the facility 2 weeks early
• 20 million dollars of electrical work
• 175 Electricians
• 800 total tradesman
• Over 85 miles of overhead conduit installed.
• Over 1.5 million feet of branch wire.
• Building includes the New Amazon Fresh (60,000 square feet of refrigerated products).
• 600,000 square feet of KIVA robots.
Congratulations to the entire team for another successful BCE project!